Terms & Conditions
- Your booking is only confirmed upon receipt of a 50% deposit or full payment with Lake District Climbing.
- Full payment is required before the start of your programme along with completed booking form/s.
- If Lake District Climbing has to cancel your booking we will offer a full refund.
- If we have to consider a cancellation because of the weather or other unforeseen reasons beyond our control we will make every effort to offer an alternative activity or date.
- If you have to cancel more than 4 weeks (28 days) before the start we will provide a full refund.
- A 50% refund will be made to you if you cancel between 28 days and 14 days before the start.
- No refund will be made less than 14 days before the start of your programme.
- Cancellation insurance is a recommendation to all our clients.
- All staff at Lake District Climbing are suitably trained, experienced and qualified to undertake your activity and make it as safe as possible.
- Please understand and accept your responsibility; that Climbing and Mountaineering involves a risk of injury or death. To further understand this please visit https://www.thebmc.co.uk/risk-and-safety.
- We accept bookings on the basis that clients follow the safety instructions given to them by Lake District Climbing staff. Failure to do so may result in a non refundable, end to the programme.
- For safety reasons, for example considering the weather and conditions, your itinerary may vary. We aim to stay as true to the booking as possible and any changes will be communicated openly.
- Under 18’s must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian throughout the course or activity.
- We accept no responsibility for a clients personal property that is lost or damaged during a programme. Any equipment loaned to the client by Lake District Climbing that is damaged through mistreatment must be paid for in full.
- Any personal information you send to Lake District Climbing will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations 2018.
- Your personal information, gathered by using our website, email contact, verbal and written communications will be treated as confidential and only acquired in order to deliver a safe programme. This information is retained indefinitely to better work with you.
- Your personal information will not be passed onto third parties other than emergency services if needs be.
- You must inform us if you want this information to be permanently deleted after your programme.
- We may take photographs and video footage of you during your programme for our marketing and social media. Please inform us beforehand if you do not want this to happen.
- Lake District Climbing uses ‘cookies’ from Google Analytics to better understand the usability of our website, the popularity of the content, to enhance your user experience and to tailor our content to our customer’s needs. Cookies are small information files that are stored on your computer’s hard drive. Most computers accept ‘cookies’ but it is usually possible to change settings to prevent this from happening if you wish.
- By using this website you agree for Lake District Climbing to collect personal information about you in accordance with this policy.
- You can ask for your details to be deleted or any other privacy-specific concerns by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- You need to provide your own packed lunch and personal clothing, including suitable footwear.
- We will not be providing or charging for any travel arrangements as part of your booking.
By signing or submitting our booking form you are agreeing to the above Terms & Conditions. Thank you – LDC