Firstly, Lake District Climbing is open!
We are able to run some programmes for the foreseeable future, which is great.
I’m sure you’ll agree getting outside and enjoying the fells and crags is even more important for both our physical and mental wellbeing at the moment. And we must do this as safely as possible under the current circumstances.
After applying guidelines provided by the Government, the British Mountaineering Council and the Association of Mountaineering Instructors as well as our insurers we are providing:
- Climbing and scrambling programmes with a 2:1 ratio, where social distancing can be maintained i.e. selected climbs and scrambles (big ledges!)
- Walking days out with a group of upto 5 people; again where we can maintain social distancing.
Other specific requirements will also be expected, including:
- Please do not book if you currently have Corona Virus (confirmed or not) or feel unwell, even on the morning before a programme. (we will sort out a refund or rebooking if needs be)
- We can travel separately to and from any venue.
- We will provide hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks for necessary use. You may provide your own if you prefer.
- Social Distancing will be applied. Expect to be reminded by your instructor.
- Please wash your hands thoroughly before, after and at any possible opportunity during a session (e.g. parking spot toilets)
- Technical gear will have been cleansed before you use it.
We trust your understanding in this matter. Many thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!